I'm an events planner turned wedding stationer all thanks to my husband, who is a fellow graphic designer, pushing me to explore my dreams. I created Blu3 Designs to be a couple's SOMETHING BLU3, providing a stress-free design experience with unique custom offerings.
When meeting a new couple, whether that be over Zoom, the phone or via email, I always like to discuss my design process. A custom design process looks much different than purchasing a templated invitation design off a website. When you hire me, you get to talk to an actual person and I get to create a design that is intentional to your love story and wedding style.
Once you’ve decided to reserve me for your wedding day, you’ll receive 3 things from me:
1. A questionnaire to obtain details like your ceremony time, room blocks and your wedding website
2. A design timeline for us to follow with the most important date on the timeline being when we need to send to print to make sure we have your invitations in the mail to your guests at the appropriate time.
3. An excel spreadsheet for your guest’s addresses
When getting started designing, I always send your proofs digitally for you to see the individual pieces, as well as what your whole invitation suite will look like together. Within each proof, I like to provide different wording, font and design options to receive your feedback on as we solidify and perfect your invitation design. Typically this takes 2-3 revisions until final approval and sending to print.
After all of your invitation suites are printed and quality checked, my preference is to assemble them for you. My assembly service is an add-on service that takes a lot of stress and time out of the invitation and wedding planning process so you can dedicate your time elsewhere. The following is what you receive with my Blu3 Designs Assembly:
• All assembly of wax seals, belly bands, gate folds, ribbon, etc.
• Sourcing, purchase + application of postage
• Stuffing + sealing of envelopes
• Mailing out invitations to your guests, sending your photographer 1 full invitation suite
and delivering keepsake extras to you
If you choose to self-assembly, I will have all of your invitation suite pieces individually packaged and ready for you to assemble. There are certain aspects of assembly that are included in your invitation suite pricing, such as if you have a wax seal to be placed at the top of your invitation, will come assembled for you. I also always include 1 full invitation suite for you to give your photographer on your wedding day.